Wednesday, April 15, 2009

a love frenzy


Do you remember how it was like when you first met your woman?

Do you remember how you felt, what you did, where you ate, and subsequently how you girls got to know each other better, possibly even flirt with each other? Do you remember how and when you first kissed, first made love?

I ask this because up till today, when I think about the first time I saw her, when I think about the first time she told me that she liked me, when I think about the first time she touched me and flirted with me, when I think about the first time she kissed me, I get tingles right down to my toes, my heart starts to race, and I get all flushed and red.

We are going to be together for two years, in a week's time, and I believe that the fact that I can still feel the way I did when I think about the many firsts that we had, says a lot about us.

I believe this is love.

Just yesterday, I was thinking about the first time we met, the first time she told me she loved me, and how she flirted with me and the first time she touched me. I got tingles and I got the shivers, and my face got all red and my heart literally skipped a beat. I realised that she still makes me feel this way, up until now.

Someone once asked me if the reason why my woman and I are still so much in love and still feel the way we do now is because we are both in a long distance relationship and we don't see each other much. In his words -- is it because you girls only see each other every 2 months, and not almost everyday?

I got mad. Ooh, believe me. I toned it down and explained it in a really reasonable tone, but in fact, I was mad. Very mad, as a matter of fact.

I am of the belief that if you don't see one another enough, the love turns stagnant, and then it slowly starts to fade away, because you both don't see each other enough, don't do things together, don't share a lot of things together. Hence slowly the love turns stagnant and will start to fade.

I am of the belief that seeing each other almost everyday helps to keep the love strong and fresh. And obviously, just being in the same country gives both of you people some peace of mind, in that the other person you love is just within reach, a call away, a bus ride away, a car ride away, and you can go to the person whenever you want. And of course, that helps in making sure whoever you are with does not cheat on you.

These are things that people who are not in a long distance relationship take for granted.

But my woman and I, we have never taken these things for granted. Precisely because we know how it feels, not being able to have each other within reach when we want to, we treasure, cherish, and love each other more.

If, like what that someone once told me, if because we do not see each other often that we are still together, then really, look at everything that you have when you both are in the same country, and tell me what you told me again.

It is that much easier to not be together when you are in a long distance relationship. Temptations and other things come your way, living in your own country, your woman in another country.

But it is different for both my woman and me. It is different because we still love each other as much as we first did when we first met two years ago. It does not matter that we live in different countries and that we see each other once in two months, because we love, and because we trust. Because we believe, and because we are always there for each other. Because we have faith.

And the most basic action of faith, is love.

The fact that we both still feel the way we do now, the fact that we are still inseparable, happily in love, looking forward to living together in the same country, even getting married, says alot.

Speaking of which, I have been busy these past few days, helping my woman look for job openings here where I live, so that she can start applying and coming here to work. I am full of hope, even if the economy says otherwise. Because we have believed and longed for this for so long, and we both want this very badly -- for her to come and work here so she can live here in the same country with me.

Because we want this so badly, the universe will conspire with us to have it.

So I am hopeful, very hopeful, and I believe it will happen.

Of course, considering that I am helping her look for job openings, and helping her with her resume, and helping her get a cellphone line here where I live, and helping her set up an account, with all of the above, obviously I am so hopeful.

We will be two years together in a week. Happy me.

I love you baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home