Saturday, May 02, 2009

because i belong


For me, it really feels like I'm coming home.

I'm here right now where my woman is, and I don't know why, but for some reason, whenever I'm here, I feel happy.

I applied for leave to come here to be with her, because it was our 2 year anniversary, and also because I needed a break. Upon coming here, I realised just how much I needed this break.

I laughed more than I ever did in the 2 months when I was back where my house is at. I smiled more than I did. I even talked more than I did. My heart felt so much lighter than it usually is.

I don't know what it is, but this country really makes me happy. It's like I have friends here, and even if I don't have friends here, I am happy being here alone. Maybe it's the freedom that I have, maybe its the independence that I have when I'm alone here, and of course it is also because my woman is here, but whatever it is, I really am happy here.

I didn't realise exactly how unhappy I was back where I live, until I came here. I mean -- I have always known that I wasn't very happy where I live, but because I wasn't working back then, I wasn't as unhappy because I would just do whatever I wanted to when I was unhappy. Then work came, and started eating into my life. It got me so tired that I didn't have time or energy to stop to think about how my body felt, how my mind felt, how my heart felt.

When I arrived here on Wednesday evening, my heart already felt so much lighter. Although this country is more chaotic and not as organised as where I live, it feels like my heart belongs here. Just stepping out of the airport made my heart feel so light.

And then I started to smile. I haven't smiled that much ever since the last time I was here. And when I met the girl I love after two months, my heart just felt so light it could fly into the air. My heart keeps smiling, and it makes me keep smiling.

I haven't laughed that much since the last time I was here. I haven't smiled that much since the last time I was here. And each time I touch my woman, each time I hold her hand or just feel her beside me, hear her voice, talk to her, smell the scent of her, it makes me happy.

I am really genuinely happy here. It is like I belong here, in some way or another. Maybe it just is that my heart belongs here because my heart is with the love of my life -- my woman.

But whatever it is, for me, it feels like I'm coming home.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home